Tiberiam

The official forum of the Judicial Republic of Tiberiam
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Desk of Patents and Inventions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Holy Edesu SocialistState
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 939
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 24
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:35 am

Oscalantine wrote:
EEE, I can approve the patents, but here's something that I gotta say...

Dudes, where's the money coming from?

I realize that most of your industry is public, meaning that your R&D department must also be public. And the government must be in EXTREME debt... do you want me to LOWER your econ rating instead of raising it?

Petroleum-based inventions I understand... that's not something that's new for you, since you have been leader in those fields for quite awhile. However, solar-power and other areas like heat to electrcity seems more like Grace's area... as in EEE would need to reinvent the wheel.
My education budget has always eclipsed my defense budget. That's where the money is. Regardless of intelligence, any and every Edesu citizen is offered an education of indefinite length. This policy has existed since the beginning of our communist history. Now, those with little potential would have an exceedingly difficult time keeping up, but the opportunity in hypothetically available to everyone. Graduate degrees across the board are plentiful.

If I were a capitalist nation, not spending so much on social welfare and religion, my education budget would probably be 35%. However, since ALL sectors of government spending are high in my nation, my education budget's magnitude is hidden.

Hence, Edesu engineers invent all kinds of things. We focus on energy, though, since we want to cut our addiction to uranium.

_____________________
The Holy Edesu Socialist State was founded on May 1, 1907 AD.
Pro Deus et Communismo
National Anthem
EKP Anthem

No servant can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. One cannot serve both God and mammon. (Luke 16:13)
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Oscalantine

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2010-10-22
Age : 27
Location : Seoul, South Korea


Honor: Advanced RPer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:41 am

Hmmm...

problem with this...

Firstly, this is why I have a hard time linking education with invention. It is hard to tell whether these education budget is being used for research. Sure, if you educate more people, more chance that these well-funded colleges will pop up an invention or two. However, that is a CHANCE. Any random genius can invent something that will far ellipse bunch of well-funded institutions.

Regardless, there are certain things that I have to say...

Pigoil... or whatever that is... I say yes to that. However, the developmental process would take a good few years (3 years). Although I know that 1997 Scottish invention has proven that it is possible, the fact that the invention has yet been wide-spread is a good indication that a better method (the modern method that is being implemented) is far more efficient method. The reason why I put 3 years is that the implementation of such new technology will spell construction of new facilities and refineries, and that would be something that you have to construct from scratch.

What is left... ah the heat to energy crap... I have to say... hmm... meh, this is difficult. Mainly because it is currently available, but woefully inefficient. Current one only is 5% efficient, when it is THEORETICALLY 70% efficient. Now is that cost going to outweigh the invention fees? I am divided. You CAN patent it, but having that in practice will butcher your economy, EEE, rather than trying to make sure that you get your economy back track. And such invention won't even be all that great in sales, either. But if you continue to develop it... maybe there is a some good out of this. Regardless, the tech exists, so I will say yes, but it isn't 25%, dude, it is 5% efficiency.



And last but not least... Power stickers. Okay, EEE, this is something that I can approve, but I have to question whether your country will have or not. Such technology seems to be woefully outclassed and out-needed by your nation. Your nation is rich on oil, and it has legacy of inventing more oil-based products. Why would you, then, need a solar power cells and its improvements? You have never once stated in your RPs that you have solar power fields, while certain nations such as Grace have invested quite a bit into green energy. If I approve this, I would have to say that Grace as a nation will have a better chance of inventing than EEE. Just think about it for a moment. This is with an added plus that your nation really doesn't have a green economy. So... maybe your nation have invented it and sold it to Grace? I dunno how this will work out. Same goes for Graphene... although I'm still trying to figure out just what it is... I'll get back to you on that.

_____________________
Incorporated States of Oscalantine

CEO of Oscalantine: Executor Nathanial Nestor Kwon

Management Head of Technology - Head Tony Max Kiwiki
Management Head of Programming - Head Lesana Victoria Melcoba
Management Head of Maintenance - Head George Alexander Kim

Military Manager of Navy - Fleet Admiral Valarie Esinstall Kwon
Military Manager of Army - General Judiciary Jimmy Thomas Lee
Military Manager of Airspace - [vacant]
Back to top Go down
Holy Edesu SocialistState
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 939
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 24
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:25 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Hmmm...

problem with this...

Firstly, this is why I have a hard time linking education with invention. It is hard to tell whether these education budget is being used for research. Sure, if you educate more people, more chance that these well-funded colleges will pop up an invention or two. However, that is a CHANCE. Any random genius can invent something that will far ellipse bunch of well-funded institutions.
Yes, but I'm pretty damn unlikely to invent the laser playing with rocks or to invent a instrument for back surgery without extensive training. There is an overt and direct connection between invention and education, especially in the energy field. That education budget is a non-military R&D budget. Just look at WARF.

Regardless, there are certain things that I have to say...

Pigoil... or whatever that is... I say yes to that. However, the developmental process would take a good few years (3 years). Although I know that 1997 Scottish invention has proven that it is possible, the fact that the invention has yet been wide-spread is a good indication that a better method (the modern method that is being implemented) is far more efficient method. The reason why I put 3 years is that the implementation of such new technology will spell construction of new facilities and refineries, and that would be something that you have to construct from scratch.
Understandable

What is left... ah the heat to energy crap... I have to say... hmm... meh, this is difficult. Mainly because it is currently available, but woefully inefficient. Current one only is 5% efficient, when it is THEORETICALLY 70% efficient. Now is that cost going to outweigh the invention fees? I am divided. You CAN patent it, but having that in practice will butcher your economy, EEE, rather than trying to make sure that you get your economy back track. And such invention won't even be all that great in sales, either. But if you continue to develop it... maybe there is a some good out of this. Regardless, the tech exists, so I will say yes, but it isn't 25%, dude, it is 5% efficiency.
Meh, most inventions are minor, of little importance.

And last but not least... Power stickers. Okay, EEE, this is something that I can approve, but I have to question whether your country will have or not. Such technology seems to be woefully outclassed and out-needed by your nation. Your nation is rich on oil, and it has legacy of inventing more oil-based products. Why would you, then, need a solar power cells and its improvements? You have never once stated in your RPs that you have solar power fields, while certain nations such as Grace have invested quite a bit into green energy. If I approve this, I would have to say that Grace as a nation will have a better chance of inventing than EEE. Just think about it for a moment. This is with an added plus that your nation really doesn't have a green economy. So... maybe your nation have invented it and sold it to Grace? I dunno how this will work out. Same goes for Graphene... although I'm still trying to figure out just what it is... I'll get back to you on that.
Actually, HESS devotes 10% of its gross domestic product to environmental protection. We clean up whatever toxic sludge we produce, and we do a god damn good job of it. I've never gotten to writing the twenty-page explanation of Edesu lifestyle, but we recycle everything. Everything we use is overused until it's useless. Everything is designed to be 100% recyclable. Our communal lifestyle makes it so we consume far less crap, even ignoring recycling. We recycle all paper, all plastic, all wood, all shit, all metal, all glass, all water, all nuclear waste, all light bulbs, all graves, all land, all fertilizer run-off, all weaponry, all toxic sludge, all EVERYTHING. (For an explanation of some of those more dubious ones, just ask.) The only reason we can reconcile ourselves with massive oil drilling is that we know if we didn't, someone else would do it less safely. Environmental regulation is airtight. And the second the first world loses interest in oil, every damn one of those facilities will be closed down.

_____________________
The Holy Edesu Socialist State was founded on May 1, 1907 AD.
Pro Deus et Communismo
National Anthem
EKP Anthem

No servant can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. One cannot serve both God and mammon. (Luke 16:13)
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Oscalantine

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2010-10-22
Age : 27
Location : Seoul, South Korea


Honor: Advanced RPer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:45 am

Now I realized why your economy is so horrible...

the cost of recycling is rather high price. The government will suffer for it in order to subsidize the recycled goods created by the departments, and while it is true that you do care for the environment, it will definitely make your economy not so hot.

Of course, this isn't even going into the facts that you haven't necessarily mentioned this in your database. Must I make a law that everything must be explained in Database before it is recognized as real? I realize that you have a decent enviro budget, and I also realize that you have great edu budget. However, I am having hard time believing that these are made up because of your RP styles. Like... your nation sounds hypocritical and backwards. First you say that your nation has one of the cheapest production capabilities, indicating that your labor is so dirt cheap that you can practically create goods without worrying about labor costs. However, you have high-end education enough that there are several government-subsidized college facilities churning out inventions. And now this: you seem to have little regards for environment, since you are cultivating lands enough to have VAST agriculture and mining district, yet you state that you care for your environment and recycle everything.

Can you make up your mind? Approving invention is one thing, but having two-masked nation seems a bit weird. Can you clarify these two factors in your database so that I (along with many others) are not confused? Your nation seemed to have changed extremely since the last major conflicts, and I have hard time surmising just what your nation is. If you can clarify this in your database... that would be much appreciated.



But this STILL does not explain how you have solar cell tech... or advanced ones. For one, you never explained that you had a decent green energy sector like Grace did (and thus I am forced to believe that Gracealona has the leading innovation in green technology) and in that matter, I never once heard that you had any infrastructure of solar cell farms in any of your lands. And no, autoplay isn't acceptable on this one, since solar farms cost tremendous capital to start up (although they pay for themselves if you place them on places like... desert? Exactly what you have), and that means government involvement.

_____________________
Incorporated States of Oscalantine

CEO of Oscalantine: Executor Nathanial Nestor Kwon

Management Head of Technology - Head Tony Max Kiwiki
Management Head of Programming - Head Lesana Victoria Melcoba
Management Head of Maintenance - Head George Alexander Kim

Military Manager of Navy - Fleet Admiral Valarie Esinstall Kwon
Military Manager of Army - General Judiciary Jimmy Thomas Lee
Military Manager of Airspace - [vacant]
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2010-10-22
Age : 27
Location : Seoul, South Korea


Honor: Advanced RPer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:55 am

Isis Rakael wrote:
One of your telegrams a while back mentioned that Lindback would have (at the very least) plans for early magnesium-air fuel cells. And our summit seemed to indicate some sort of collaberative effort. I took that to mean they were working together, but see? This is why I ask questions. Razz Now I know I don't. Thanks!

This was completely shadowed by EEE... shame on him Razz

There indeed was a plan to integrate fuel cells into fighters in order to optimize their fuel usage, and that's probably where you have obtained that from. However, Lindback did not have any plans for joint development of fuel cells with Nexus as far as I remember.... if you can find a post that makes me a hypocrite... then I guess I am wrong Razz

As for the summit, I don't think anything was done, since Rakaelian delegation stormed out. I don't think we signed any papers... if you want, you can definitely relay the message to Oscal to stamp out those projects... but best case? Another summit. Now you see where I am getting at Very Happy

_____________________
Incorporated States of Oscalantine

CEO of Oscalantine: Executor Nathanial Nestor Kwon

Management Head of Technology - Head Tony Max Kiwiki
Management Head of Programming - Head Lesana Victoria Melcoba
Management Head of Maintenance - Head George Alexander Kim

Military Manager of Navy - Fleet Admiral Valarie Esinstall Kwon
Military Manager of Army - General Judiciary Jimmy Thomas Lee
Military Manager of Airspace - [vacant]
Back to top Go down
Holy Edesu SocialistState
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 939
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 24
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:26 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Now I realized why your economy is so horrible...

the cost of recycling is rather high price. The government will suffer for it in order to subsidize the recycled goods created by the departments, and while it is true that you do care for the environment, it will definitely make your economy not so hot. (Meh)

Of course, this isn't even going into the facts that you haven't necessarily mentioned this in your database. Must I make a law that everything must be explained in Database before it is recognized as real? I realize that you have a decent enviro budget, and I also realize that you have great edu budget. However, I am having hard time believing that these are made up because of your RP styles. Like... your nation sounds hypocritical and backwards. (ORLY?) First you say that your nation has one of the cheapest production capabilities, indicating that your labor is so dirt cheap that you can practically create goods without worrying about labor costs. However, you have high-end education enough that there are several government-subsidized college facilities churning out inventions. (As it so happens, my economy has a plural number of occupations. *Gasp* We have some laborers in factories and farms. Others populate the universities. What a novelty, an economy with differing occupations.) And now this: you seem to have little regards for environment, since you are cultivating lands enough to have VAST agriculture and mining district, yet you state that you care for your environment and recycle everything. (Yep. It's called moderation. We farm the Surter [Southland], we mine the mountains, we manufacture in Bavaria, and we drill in the lifeless desert. And we clean up after these industries. That means we don't just dump toxic sludge in a lake, as I'm sure many of my neighbors do. We bother to recycle EVERYTHING that can be recycle. We don't just make heaping landfills. Not all economies require an annihilated environment.)

Can you make up your mind? Approving invention is one thing, but having two-masked nation seems a bit weird. Can you clarify these two factors in your database so that I (along with many others) are not confused? Your nation seemed to have changed extremely since the last major conflicts, and I have hard time surmising just what your nation is. If you can clarify this in your database... that would be much appreciated. (I will write a thorough explanation of Edesu lifestyle. Eventually. I'm glad you will read it.)



But this STILL does not explain how you have solar cell tech... or advanced ones. For one, you never explained that you had a decent green energy sector like Grace did (and thus I am forced to believe that Gracealona has the leading innovation in green technology) and in that matter, I never once heard that you had any infrastructure of solar cell farms in any of your lands. (Grace is the leading Green producer. Grace is not, however, the only Green producer.) And no, autoplay isn't acceptable on this one, since solar farms cost tremendous capital to start up (although they pay for themselves if you place them on places like... desert? Exactly what you have), and that means government involvement. (The government tends to get involved in the Edesu economy. Invariably.)

_____________________
The Holy Edesu Socialist State was founded on May 1, 1907 AD.
Pro Deus et Communismo
National Anthem
EKP Anthem

No servant can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. One cannot serve both God and mammon. (Luke 16:13)
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Isis Rakael

avatar

Posts : 196
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 34
Location : FL, USA

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:40 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Isis Rakael wrote:
One of your telegrams a while back mentioned that Lindback would have (at the very least) plans for early magnesium-air fuel cells. And our summit seemed to indicate some sort of collaberative effort. I took that to mean they were working together, but see? This is why I ask questions. Razz Now I know I don't. Thanks!

This was completely shadowed by EEE... shame on him Razz

There indeed was a plan to integrate fuel cells into fighters in order to optimize their fuel usage, and that's probably where you have obtained that from. However, Lindback did not have any plans for joint development of fuel cells with Nexus as far as I remember.... if you can find a post that makes me a hypocrite... then I guess I am wrong Razz

As for the summit, I don't think anything was done, since Rakaelian delegation stormed out. I don't think we signed any papers... if you want, you can definitely relay the message to Oscal to stamp out those projects... but best case? Another summit. Now you see where I am getting at Very Happy

Oh, I've got something far larger in mind.

_____________________

"Christ died on the cross FOR our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day."
Leader: President Jiri Iroh
Capital: Illien

"•70 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Isis Rakael, billions of Platinum Niflmarkes are being blown on orbital weapons development."
Back to top Go down
Holy Edesu SocialistState
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 939
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 24
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Edesu Patent Suggestion 001: Vivanza GRANTED
Edesu Patent Suggestion 002: Dehydrated Water GRANTED
Edesu Patent Suggestion 003: Machinery to capture natural gas in oil drilling
Edesu Patent Suggestion 004: Heathen Hammer
Edesu Patent Suggestion 005: Industrial waste-to-fuel. That should be ready in a few years. GRANTED NOT LISTED
Edesu Patent Suggestion 006: Pigoline. ~ Yah GRANTED NOT LISTED
Edesu Patent Suggestion 007: Dumping lime into water
Edesu Patent Suggestion 008: Converting Waste Heat to Electricity (Worthless) GRANTED NOT LISTED
Edesu Patent Suggestion 009: A Power Sticker to Boost Solar Power Generation PENDING
Edesu Patent Suggestion 010: Graphene, which will make solar power ridiculously cheap and flexible. PENDING

I thought it would be nice of me to list my aggregate submissions. You need to update the official patent list and arbitrate 009 and 010. God, this took a lot of coding.


_____________________
The Holy Edesu Socialist State was founded on May 1, 1907 AD.
Pro Deus et Communismo
National Anthem
EKP Anthem

No servant can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. One cannot serve both God and mammon. (Luke 16:13)
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Rasvidi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 28
Location : Ottawa, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Seeing as there is the new "innovations" list, I'd like to patent two things to see how this works.

First is Vitsaus, a group of bioengineered viruses created by Rasvidi for use in it's biochemical warheads. There are different varieties of the virus leading to illness of varying efficiency and lethality, but they are all airborne and work by entering the bloodstream through the lungs and other mucous membranes. Most varieties attack the respitory, nervous and/or muscular systems. They range in lethality from simply disabling targets with no lasting harm, to causing a painful death within minutes. Used most often in warheads and can withstand intense heat to survive detonation, but has also found use in gas warfare by being pumped in large volumes onto a battlefield.

Second is the Palopommi Bullet, an exploding bullet filled with phosphorous material, much like an incendiary bullet but designed to explode and ignite upon hitting a hard surface such as the bone of the target. Phosphorous burns incredibly hot, and would cause severe and horrifying injury to a human being when used in this way. Initially planned to have armour piercing capabilities to penetrate gun vests and lightly armoured vehicles, it was found that the phosphorous burned through most materials including steel and did not require any extra armour piercing. Designed for use in assault rifles.

_____________________

The United People's Republics of Rasvidi
Chairman Väinö Nakashidze
National Anthem
Back to top Go down
Holy Edesu SocialistState
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 939
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 24
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Rasvidi: More terrifying than previously thought

_____________________
The Holy Edesu Socialist State was founded on May 1, 1907 AD.
Pro Deus et Communismo
National Anthem
EKP Anthem

No servant can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. One cannot serve both God and mammon. (Luke 16:13)
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Oscalantine

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2010-10-22
Age : 27
Location : Seoul, South Korea


Honor: Advanced RPer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:18 am

Hmmm...

Well, given that Tiberiam does not yet have a international ban on various programs such as this (the reason why I approved orbital bombardment for Isis), I CAN say yes to them. And both of them SEEMS to be possible.

One thing, though, for each: Ras, for the viral idea, do you SERIOUSLY want to do that?

Why I ask this is because this is such a double-edged sword. If a nation gets into war with you, that is going to be their target of choice. Bomb the centre for processing this new bio-weapon, and you have incurable disease running lose. Heck, they don't even have to hit it. They can set off an EMP or simply jam the computers maintaining the programs. There are several countries that have the capability to disable your entire country with a flick of a button... or coming soon (ex. Civa has EPIC spy program... somehow that happened... Isis is in development of orbital bombing, so that's given... and Oscal also has ability to jam the computers). While this bio-weapon is freaking powerful and within logic of modern medicine, creating this will create a huge liability in your country.

Another reason why I am giving a moment of doubt is because that will cause serious international issue. I believe that KI had this problem, but with less-proficient scale with radioactive bacteria. Pandemic in any country will cause a serious problem... and unlike KI, Ras's legacy with bio-weapons will allow for the completion of this deadly weapon. What will happen then? We will have unstoppable plague that will destroy not a single city, but entire country and more. Also keep in mind that virus, while being the easiest pathogen to modify, also mutates very easily. It is simply given that it will mutate into something that is uncontrollable.

So I guess if you really want to unleash that on the world, I will unleash the Pandora's Box into Tiberiam... I gotta start on creating colonies outside Hiborea.... ^^




As for your... explosive shells... I am not doubting you, but can I have an evidence? Some article that supports your topic. If you have that, I will have no qualms giving you incendiary ammunitions. That will make your infantry much more effective than any other infantry in the world... that's such a powerful invention...

_____________________
Incorporated States of Oscalantine

CEO of Oscalantine: Executor Nathanial Nestor Kwon

Management Head of Technology - Head Tony Max Kiwiki
Management Head of Programming - Head Lesana Victoria Melcoba
Management Head of Maintenance - Head George Alexander Kim

Military Manager of Navy - Fleet Admiral Valarie Esinstall Kwon
Military Manager of Army - General Judiciary Jimmy Thomas Lee
Military Manager of Airspace - [vacant]
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 28
Location : Ottawa, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:06 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_explosive_incendiary

It's actually not a terribly advanced technology, regular incendiary ammo been around since WW2. Modern incendiary ammo is used mostly for penetrating things like tank armour or setting off enemy ammo supplies. Rasvidi has just repurposed it specifically for human targets and nothing else. These rounds are also only used in large calibre weapons (Howitzer Cannons, for example) in real life, Rasvidi has designed smaller calibre rounds for standard firearms.

Even the real stuff is banned by the UN though, I believe. Or at the very least strictly controlled. Nobody seems "evil" enough to design it for human targets...

As for the virus, I am thinking maybe I could patent an antidote or something? And maybe I could look into a valid scientific reason why the virus would not mutate, or wouldn't mutate in a reasonable distance of time (say, 1000 years on average or something).

_____________________

The United People's Republics of Rasvidi
Chairman Väinö Nakashidze
National Anthem
Back to top Go down
Civa-Orchestra

avatar

Posts : 155
Join date : 2010-10-21
Age : 23
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Woohoo, my first patent! Or is it just an attempted patent? Whatever, here I go.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33431534/ns/us_news-military/

That news article was originally posted almost three years ago, so it is expected that a few of those ships already exist within the U.S. Navy as well as even a few other international navies (though you can't be certain). Because of this, when looking at modern tech, this can be considered to be in the "prototype" stage, which I believe is perfectly feasible and possible.

Now onto what this exactly is. Basically, warships/frigates/whatever you want to call them, have been trudging along at an incredibly slow speed of around 30 knots, and easily outmatched by smaller, faster ships used by international pirates, etc. Because of this a new kind of ship, let's call it the Littoral Combat Ship (until I pick a better name), was developed. Instead of rudders and propellers, a steerable water jet is used. Of course, powerful diesel engines, as well as gas turbines are present for even more speed.

As aesthetics, which isn't really all that important, you can assume that it will look more or less like it does in the picture. Also, they operate more or less the same as any other warship- accommodation for helicopters, mission modules for anti-submarine (not stealth submarines, sadly), mine removal, and traditional surface warfare. These "modules" can be swapped out every 24 hours, for speedy adaptations to new missions.

As for the speed. . . 45 knots (52 mph) -this can be maintained for up to four hours at a time, sufficient if you're patrolling national waters. You might not think that really fast, but when you think about the size of these frigates, that's ridiculously fast. That's like upgrading from a tricycle to a Ford. I upped the price to $500 million ochais a pop, because of the fact they are in the prototype stage. Smaller ships can go faster, but this is a major leap forward in the speed of ships this size. They possess shallower drafts, so the ability to go close to shore is possible.

If accepted, I'll make a thread in the National section. Also, if there's anything else I should add, just tell me.

Back to top Go down
Oscalantine

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2010-10-22
Age : 27
Location : Seoul, South Korea


Honor: Advanced RPer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:45 am

Well, I think that's proof enough. It is Modern tech, and there isn't anywhere around that.

Accepted... just will have to annoy me to put them on the threads

Also, Civa, I might need to change your leading innovator status. You seem to like fast vehicles... you should also think about creating digital camos and such.

_____________________
Incorporated States of Oscalantine

CEO of Oscalantine: Executor Nathanial Nestor Kwon

Management Head of Technology - Head Tony Max Kiwiki
Management Head of Programming - Head Lesana Victoria Melcoba
Management Head of Maintenance - Head George Alexander Kim

Military Manager of Navy - Fleet Admiral Valarie Esinstall Kwon
Military Manager of Army - General Judiciary Jimmy Thomas Lee
Military Manager of Airspace - [vacant]
Back to top Go down
Isis Rakael

avatar

Posts : 196
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 34
Location : FL, USA

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Just to make it official, I thought I would go this route. I've already RPed my having this technology and even the use of this technology, but I never went through this channel.

Presenting, stealth technology and the stealth fighter. I ask for official approval should the SoC deem it appropriate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stealth_technology

Basically, stealth technology is designed to make aircraft (aircraft most often, though there are stealth submarines and stealth naval vessels) far less visible, or preferably invisible, to radar, infrared, sonar and other detection methods. I ask for approval for this technology as it is modern and currently in use by nations around the world.

Seeking approval for Aircraft Stealth Technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-22_Raptor

Regarding the link to the F-22 Raptor (which, btw, is perhaps the most awesome design I've ever seen), I'm offering that as proof that stealth technology can indeed be successfully integrated into fighter aircraft and used with overwhelming success against static military targets and in air combat against enemy aircraft while maintaing stealth and air superiority.

Since I've already RP'd my having and using stealth aircract, I am also using this as the basic design to my own stealth aircraft (if officially approved) because I fail at details and can't come up with my own. Razz I'm dubbing mine the Tritan IRF-7 Vukasin, an air superiority stealth fighter, primarily used (in IR) for defensive air combat and precision strikes. In compliance with the current neutrality of Isis Rakael, this aircraft is currently only being used for defensive purposes, but production (which I'm putting at $200 million Niflmarkes apiece due to advancements in the effectiveness of the stealth technology) is picking up as the IRAF aims to replace its aging fleet fleet.

Quote :
While in its air-superiority configuration the F-22 carries its weapons internally, it is not limited to this option. The wings include four hardpoints, each rated to handle 5,000 lb (2,300 kg). Each hardpoint has a pylon that can carry a detachable 600 gallon fuel tank or a rail launcher that holds two air-air missiles. However, use of external stores compromises the F-22's stealth, and has a detrimental effect on maneuverability, speed, and range (unless external fuel is carried). The two inner hardpoints are "plumbed" for external fuel tanks. These hardpoints allow the mounting pylons to be jettisoned in flight so the fighter can regain its stealth after exhausting external stores. Research is currently being conducted to develop stealth ordnance pod and pylon.[150] Such a pod would comprise of a low observable shape and carry its weapons internally, then would open when launching a missile or dropping a bomb. The pod and pylon could be detached when no longer needed. This system would allow the F-22 to carry its maximum ordnance load while maintaining stealth without loss of maneuverability.
Shamelessly stolen from the wiki page.

I understand and will abide by this statement, but will work on development of the stealth ordnance pod and pylon (but don't expect that any time soon, at least not until it becomes available IRL Razz). It is due mostly to the statement above that I use my own stealth aircraft in the capacity previously mentioned.

Seeking approval for the Tritan IRF-7 Vukasin, based off the design of the F-22 Raptor.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scramjet

Seeking approval for the research and (hopefully eventual) development of scramjet technology. A scramjet (supersonic combustion ramjet) is a variant of a ramjet airbreathing combustion jet engine in which the combustion process takes place in supersonic airflow. As in ramjets, a scramjet relies on high vehicle speed to forcefully compress and decelerate the incoming air before combustion (hence ramjet), but whereas a ramjet decelerates the air to subsonic velocities before combustion, airflow in a scramjet is supersonic throughout the entire engine. This allows the scramjet to efficiently operate at extremely high speeds: theoretical projections place the top speed of a scramjet between Mach 12 and Mach 24, which is near orbital velocity. I honestly have no asperations to achieve Mach 12-24, but I'm aiming more for something in the Mach 5-8 range.

Seeking approval for scramjet technology RESEARCH.

_____________________

"Christ died on the cross FOR our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day."
Leader: President Jiri Iroh
Capital: Illien

"•70 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Isis Rakael, billions of Platinum Niflmarkes are being blown on orbital weapons development."
Back to top Go down
Holy Edesu SocialistState
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 939
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 24
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:25 am

Osc, you had said you would be OK with magic, so I have a ridiculous request.

Could the HESS have access to dogs which can smell capitalists? Obviously there is no RL example of this, but I want this absurdity nonetheless. (Edesu Patent Suggestion 011)

Here's my other patent suggestion; this has plenty of RL examples. Killer dolphins.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/whales/etc/navycron.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/middle_east/670551.stm
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/arent-they-cute-except-when-theyre-trying-to-blow-you-up-1163785.html
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2007/06/seals_v_sharks__1/
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2007/07/deadly-dolphins/


Trained dolphins can do all kinds of useless underwater things: reconnaissance, demining, assassination, suicide bombings, you name it. If you don't feel like reading the links, just ask me to elaborate. (Edesu Patent Suggestion 012)

Also, as a general rule, are we allowed to plagiarize each others' patents? Because, frankly, RL militaries do that incessantly. I'm not saying that if that if IR produces the first stealth fighter I should have a hundred of them one RP month later, but at some point we should be able to catch on. (FTR, I assume Ras has a bunch of stealth jets also.)

Let's take Civa's super-boats. They're awesome, and we all want them. Perhaps there should be a RP delay between exclusively Civa and free game, and the inventor-country should always have the top models of their invention(s).

Just a thought. Would this extend to civilian products?

_____________________
The Holy Edesu Socialist State was founded on May 1, 1907 AD.
Pro Deus et Communismo
National Anthem
EKP Anthem

No servant can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. One cannot serve both God and mammon. (Luke 16:13)
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Oscalantine

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2010-10-22
Age : 27
Location : Seoul, South Korea


Honor: Advanced RPer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:17 am

@HESS

I'll get back to you on those inventions and answers. I will probably edit below to answer your questions. But preview? Money, Money, Money, Money, and... oh did I mention Money?


@Ras

I forgot to answer your patent ideas....

Your idea about being able to delay the mutation is interesting... but currently that isn't in the scope of modern technology. In fact, I have hard time finding articles which STATES that we can create man-made virus. That would be in the fields of molecular science and nanotechnology, which none of the countries are even close to (Korea is close to nanotechnology... somehow... but it goes little past being able to construct molecular towers and such).

So I would have to disapprove your virus idea... for the sake of RP's sanity and prevention of global catastrophe. However, your incendiary ammo is approved. You can start using is immediately after posting it on the news. Now given, you realize how expensive the crap is, right? I hope you will use it only in your spec. ops troops and not the entire military... please? I have hard time judging fairness of the RP without soldiers with multi-billion bullets blazing from their machine guns...

_____________________
Incorporated States of Oscalantine

CEO of Oscalantine: Executor Nathanial Nestor Kwon

Management Head of Technology - Head Tony Max Kiwiki
Management Head of Programming - Head Lesana Victoria Melcoba
Management Head of Maintenance - Head George Alexander Kim

Military Manager of Navy - Fleet Admiral Valarie Esinstall Kwon
Military Manager of Army - General Judiciary Jimmy Thomas Lee
Military Manager of Airspace - [vacant]
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac



Posts : 254
Join date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:05 am

I am requesting a patent for the: missile proof car.

Back to top Go down
Oscalantine

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2010-10-22
Age : 27
Location : Seoul, South Korea


Honor: Advanced RPer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:57 am

Proof and Referance please!!! There are plenty of missile-proof armament systems. So... please elaborate!

_____________________
Incorporated States of Oscalantine

CEO of Oscalantine: Executor Nathanial Nestor Kwon

Management Head of Technology - Head Tony Max Kiwiki
Management Head of Programming - Head Lesana Victoria Melcoba
Management Head of Maintenance - Head George Alexander Kim

Military Manager of Navy - Fleet Admiral Valarie Esinstall Kwon
Military Manager of Army - General Judiciary Jimmy Thomas Lee
Military Manager of Airspace - [vacant]
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac



Posts : 254
Join date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:45 am

OK. So i got the idea upon reading the Twilight Series: Breaking Dawn.

Anyway, when I researched it, I don't really find anything helpful, and this is the closest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_S-Class#Model_nomenclature

Quote :

A special armored version of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class has been produced, known as the S-Guard. Special features include the capability to withstand military-grade small arms fire and certain explosive devices, a self-sealing fuel tank, and a special alarm system.

I assume the "certain explosives devices" includes the missile.

Anyway, here is another:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/01/16/barack-obama-s-inauguration-the-bomb-and-missile-proof-cadillac-that-will-be-his-wheels-115875-21044692/

(The reason I am asking for this patent is that I will be the only one in Tiberiam who can produce it)


Back to top Go down
Oscalantine

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2010-10-22
Age : 27
Location : Seoul, South Korea


Honor: Advanced RPer

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:15 am

Erm...

The reason that I am not going to patent this is because there really isn't any technology worth patenting. (That and your SoC is avid anti-Twi fan) The aluminum and Titanium shells are basically available for any countries... the technology exists anywhere else... and certain countries (Rasvidi in particular) would be even better at such technology due to extensive military development.

Another reason is that the missile-proof cars don't really exist. The book used it as a plot device (basically meaning exaggeration) and hardly could be considered a good referance to real-life phenomenon. (Come'on, the story uses VAMPIRES as a basis) Such cars would require composite armor or extremely thick metallic skeleton with carbon casing of sort. The problem is that even those do not completely protect the inhabitants from HEAT rounds (basically your common anti-tank missiles)...

Either way, these "cars" would require significant automobiles technology. And with your current new company, that wouldn't be possible... and you can only support so much with government...


Either way, bottom line: the case is imaginary and even if it wasn't it isn't probable by KI. Sorry, dude... D=

_____________________
Incorporated States of Oscalantine

CEO of Oscalantine: Executor Nathanial Nestor Kwon

Management Head of Technology - Head Tony Max Kiwiki
Management Head of Programming - Head Lesana Victoria Melcoba
Management Head of Maintenance - Head George Alexander Kim

Military Manager of Navy - Fleet Admiral Valarie Esinstall Kwon
Military Manager of Army - General Judiciary Jimmy Thomas Lee
Military Manager of Airspace - [vacant]
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac



Posts : 254
Join date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:38 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Erm...

The reason that I am not going to patent this is because there really isn't any technology worth patenting. (That and your SoC is avid anti-Twi fan) The aluminum and Titanium shells are basically available for any countries... the technology exists anywhere else... and certain countries (Rasvidi in particular) would be even better at such technology due to extensive military development.

Another reason is that the missile-proof cars don't really exist. The book used it as a plot device (basically meaning exaggeration) and hardly could be considered a good referance to real-life phenomenon. (Come'on, the story uses VAMPIRES as a basis) Such cars would require composite armor or extremely thick metallic skeleton with carbon casing of sort. The problem is that even those do not completely protect the inhabitants from HEAT rounds (basically your common anti-tank missiles)...

Either way, these "cars" would require significant automobiles technology. And with your current new company, that wouldn't be possible... and you can only support so much with government...


Either way, bottom line: the case is imaginary and even if it wasn't it isn't probable by KI. Sorry, dude... D=

I am not saying you use the twilight thing to consider this. I was just saying I got fascinated by that, and there....
Back to top Go down
Holy Edesu SocialistState
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 939
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 24
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:36 am

Oscalantine wrote:
@HESS

I'll get back to you on those inventions and answers. I will probably edit below to answer your questions. But preview? Money, Money, Money, Money, and... oh did I mention Money?
I can say with absolute certainty that a dozen trained dolphins is cheaper than a new submarine.

_____________________
The Holy Edesu Socialist State was founded on May 1, 1907 AD.
Pro Deus et Communismo
National Anthem
EKP Anthem

No servant can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. One cannot serve both God and mammon. (Luke 16:13)
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Civa-Orchestra

avatar

Posts : 155
Join date : 2010-10-21
Age : 23
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:37 am

Do you realize how much time and money would go into training those dolphins? Do yourself a favor and just steal a couple from Ocean World.
Back to top Go down
Holy Edesu SocialistState
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 939
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 24
Location : Madison, WI

PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Civa-Orchestra wrote:
Do you realize how much time and money would go into training those dolphins? Do yourself a favor and just steal a couple from Ocean World.
I am definitely RPing that.

_____________________
The Holy Edesu Socialist State was founded on May 1, 1907 AD.
Pro Deus et Communismo
National Anthem
EKP Anthem

No servant can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. One cannot serve both God and mammon. (Luke 16:13)
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Desk of Patents and Inventions   

Back to top Go down
 
Desk of Patents and Inventions
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» SPURS N SIX GUNS HISTORY: INVENTIONS OF THE MID 1800'S
» Crazy ideas: Muffy and Fern are in love
» Hilarious Screenshots
» The Help Desk
» Rokuju's Inventions

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tiberiam :: Roleplay :: Office of the Secretary of Culture-
Jump to: